Saturday 7 December 2013

The uplifting effect of hills

Looking out of the window on a Transpennine train journey, I am surprised by hills. Of course it's not that I had forgotten about the Pennines but, living in Cheshire where there are few hills within a 30 minute drive, I forget how hills lift my spirits.

Sadly today is going to involve looking only. In fact , since returning from Lanzarote, a month or more ago, it has been impossible to find time to get outdoors, which I'm really disappointed about. A combination of extra workload, dark nights and winter weather have made it seem harder to snatch even a brief walk. I'm thinking of ways to get round the problem.

At least thanks to writing ( or not writing ) this blog, I've noticed it now rather then spending virtually the whole winter  indoors. Quite how to change the situation is another matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment