Monday 22 April 2013

Earth Day: the perfect launch day?

Hello on Earth Day 2013.
This seems like an auspicious day to begin a blog about the outdoors.

Heading home (reluctantly) to flat old Cheshire after a week in the Lake District got me thinking about how I'd love to get more of the outdoors into my daily life.

It's too important to save for the odd weekend away. It lifts my mood and opens my horizons.

This blog aims to encourage me, and maybe  you, to find ways to make that happen more often. I've never blogged before, so bear with me...

6 comments:

  1. Very nice blog it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to the blog. Dandelions aren't just a nuisance of course, but a great source of home-made wine (and beer?). I've never commented like this before either, so please bear with me also. Dave S

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as rabbits don't work out how to make dandelion wine, not sure it would be a good idea for them... thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bike as well as ski - will be looking out for cool nature pix in the London and Berlin urban sprawls. Dave S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urban sprawls just as rewarding outdoors-wise as the 'proper' countryside, and we can't always get to that, so it's great to make the most of your local (!) area.

    ReplyDelete