Saturday 18 May 2013

Just plain cold

Outdoors today was very very cold. I was helping to run a plant stall at a local 'Summer Fun Day', which involved standing outside more or less from 9am till 4pm. Well, it was a day and it was fun but it certainly was NOT summer. It felt like February, not mid May. Even two thermal vests and a down jacket were not enough to keep the chill at bay for more than ten minutes. The atmosphere was lovely and loads of people came to have a good time; many of them got a big hug from me in my efforts to warm up. But for once, the outdoors was not my friend. Interesting to notice that, how it's different from my sense that I need more outdoors, that outdoors is a universally positive aspect of my life. Maybe the fact that I was standing about as opposed to moving about was at least partly to blame. More evidence that life is not black or white, but mostly shades of grey. No 'literary' reference intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment