Saturday 6 July 2013

A cliche but it's true...

... what a difference the sunshine makes. Today has been spent largely outside - pottering in the garden, watering plants which will find this much sun a challenge (ie my hostas, which look fabulous just now). Sadly my (allegedly early fruiting) tomatoes are not yet fulfilling their promise, but I await with interest. Lots of flowers but very few fruits of any size.

Of course that was interspersed with bits of the tennis at Wimbledon, that great summer landmark in the calendar. Nostalgia abounds in droves, buckets and sackloads.

Then there was an early evening run, when the temperature was just cool enough, followed by a barbecue in the garden. A tremendous feeling of well being and mainly to do with the sunshine. What does that tell me about the idea of spending the rest of my life living in Great Britain?!

No comments:

Post a Comment