Monday 22 July 2013

In over my head...

... in bracken, that is. What a difference a monthh or so makes! Back for a run through Oakhanger Moss, whose bracken now almost blocks the path, and is literally a foot above my head. It's not a problem, although I have checked for ticks on my return, mindful of the one I found lurking and blood-sucking behind a child's ear a few years ago. Not in my top ten adorable creatures list. Unlike the lambs, small, sweet and skipping last time I was here, now rather grown up and sedate, lazing in the shade of trees.

Thanks to a fairly early start, some wooded stretches and a cooling breeze, my run wasn't too hot. And thanks (I hope) to the stretches suggested by the physio, my calf problem was hardly evident at all today. I came across the Haslington circular walk and joined it for a mile or so, taking a clear path through nearly-ripe barley rippling in the breeze. Flat though it (mostly) is, Cheshire often surprises me with new and interesting places in areas I thought I knew.

With a week in the Lake District now less than a fortnight away, I'm keen to be as fit as possible to make the most of outdoor nirvana. Wild swimming course booked, new prescription goggles arrived, planning of walks and runs in progress... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment